Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A few of my favoriate things

So I've been blogging about shoes lately. Yes, I have an obsession, but I am going to indulge myself and post pictures of some of my favorite footwear. This fabulous sling was one of my first purchases from Zappos. I loved the variegated shades of purple and regret that I did not buy the blue version that was then available. For me, this shoe is proof that one must match an outfit to a shoe instead of the reverse. When I bought the shoe, I had nothing to wear with it, but shortly after it arrived, I found an irridescent linen suit in the exact same colors. Had I tried to find something to go with the shoe, I'm sure I would still be searching. Continuing with the variegated theme, I just had to have the brown croc pumps. Similar to the purple ones, aren't they. I find that subconsciously, I tend to buy variations on a theme in all things. Anyway, this is a beautiful shoe and I only think I've worn it once.

And of course, I have a whole bunch of shoes that have not yet been worn out of the house. Some are waiting for the perfect outfit, some are waiting for the right weather, and for some, it's not yet the right place or time.

I love the color of this shoe and periodically I take it out of the closet and wear it around the house. It's waiting for the right outfit in order to to make it's debut. My procrastination contradicts the shoe's name, carpediem.

I bought this last fall at the annual Nordstrom sale. It's much cuter on. It too is waiting for an outfit. Once again, color is the challenge. The shoe is a weird pinky, beige combo that's very hard to match. I'm not upset, however, because the price was great and I don't feel like I wasted my money.

This was a must-have about which I'm developing second thoughts. I liked the height of the boot shaft and the elastic back so that it would have a snug fit. It arrived over the winter when I had a cast on my right foot, so it has not been worn. Of course, this year Stuart Weitzman has come up with a sleeker version that I might like a little better (see right image). But I paid a fortune for these boots so somehow, I will make them work. (This is a good lesson in only ordering from Zappos. Had I bought them from Zappos, I could take advantage of the 365-day return policy.) And finally, I have this cut-out pump in black. It's a beautiful shoe, but it's a little "girly" for me. I don't have the right outfit and I fear the right ensemble would not suit me. I console myself by removing the shoes from its box and wearing them around the house with my pajamas.

No comments: